Passionate Consultants specialising in the Microsoft security stack needed to help grow the Cyber Security Practice at Empired
As a Senior Security Consultant working with our enterprise customers, you will know your way around the Microsoft Security Suite. You will be someone who is always intrigued about new technologies and looking for a career in the consulting world.
- Technical background with relevant tertiary education
- Relevant security certifications (e.g. CCSP, CISSP or GIAC)
- Relevant Microsoft certifications related to security (e.g. MS-500, AZ-500, SC-200)
- Strong understanding of security methodologies & frameworks (ISO27002, NIST Cyber Security Framework, etc)
- Competent in MS Azure and Modern work security and threat protection tools:
- Defender for Endpoint
- Defender for Office
- Defender for Identity
- Azure Security Centre
- Security Device Management tools: MS Intune.
- Azure Sentinel
- Microsoft Cloud Access Security
- Competent in using capabilities across:
- M365 Security portal
- M365 Compliance portal
- Cloud Security portal
- Understanding of Microsoft DLP and associated solutions
- 5+ years’ experience in an information security position with a solid technical background
- In depth understanding of the Microsoft Cybersecurity Reference Architecture (MCRA)
- Strong experience in Azure Sentinel and Microsoft 365 Defender services
- Excellent understanding of the Vulnerability Management process
- Strong understanding and experience in Incident Response, Security Operations or Cyber Threat Intelligence.
- Extensive experience using the entire Microsoft toolset
- Proven experience in using Microsoft solutions to achieve Essential 8 compliance
- Experience working in environments with Australian Government’s Information Security Manual (ISM), ASD Essential Eight, NIST, CIS and other security frameworks.
- Experience in conducting technical gap analysis and developing information security plans to implement practices in an operational environment.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to clearly articulate complex security concepts to a broad and diverse audience.
- Experience in systems administration, cloud infrastructure, and networking within enterprise and government environments.
- A hunger for knowledge with the passion to learn about the latest innovations in the industry, which you will enjoy sharing with the wider team
- Adaptability to changing environments and workloads.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- High level understanding of Security designs and solutions
- Broad experience across compliance, risk assessments, design review, policy improvement etc
- Strong stakeholder management - confidence to deal with a range of stakeholders
- Passion and enthusiasm towards Security - not only is Security your day job but it's your hobby!
Empired is an Australian-owned and headquartered digital services provider with the breadth and depth to enable mid to large-sized enterprises to tap into tomorrow’s advantage today.
Empired helps organisations across Australasia to transform, thrive and stay relevant as digital businesses in an ever-changing world. Using technology as the enabler, we assist businesses to engage customers, increase efficiency, improve productivity and achieve competitive advantage
Apply for this position