Dynamics Day Perth 2017: the most professional industry event in Perth
It was fantastic to catch up with people from a broad spectrum of industries at our Dynamics Day event in Perth this month. The event presented a unique opportunity to hear from leading practitioners in both Microsoft Dynamics ERP and CRM as well as Data Insights, Digital and Productivity offerings. It provided a combination of product information, updates, practical information and customer insights.
Experts from Empired also demonstrated the capabilities of the Microsoft HoloLens immersive reality device, a technology that could help you innovate and compete in ways not previously possible.
Described by attendees as the most professional industry event in Perth, Dynamics Day was all about what’s new in the Microsoft ecosphere and how you can use the available products to achieve the best outcomes for your business.
Dynamics 365 is now a driving force within the industry and on the day we explored why you should shift to the highly-integrated platform. Companies are benefitting from the seamless integration of all applications across the desktop and, because many Microsoft tools such are Office are familiar to users, it lets people be more productive, faster. Additionally, accessing enterprise-level software via the cloud makes it more cost effective for businesses to get the functionality they need.
Expert presentations offered key insights
The presentations from Microsoft and Empired experts offered interesting insights into the future of business. For example:
- Digital transformation involves transforming your products, optimising your operations, empowering your employees and engaging your customers (James Page, keynote speaker, Empired).
- According to McKinsey & Company, the impact of a customer journey-led transformation can result in a 20 per cent growth in customer satisfaction, reduction in customer churn and decrease in complaints. To improve the customer experience, you need to understand the customer experience (Peter Cooke, Empired).
- Businesses can enhance their ERP data by using Kepion to better forecast and budget. Kepion is flexible and easy to learn, with intuitive dashboards and navigation. It’s rapid delivery takes half the time of traditional planning software and it’s low total cost of ownership includes significantly lower license and pre-sale costs. At the same time, Kepion offers Microsoft integration and a Microsoft-flavoured look and feel (Hugh Rogers, Empired).
- Microsoft’s newest Dynamics 365 capabilities for project service automation and mobile field services include a purpose-built solution that scales to your business size and maturity. It’s productive so users can get the most of out their time, intelligent in that it moves from being reactive to proactive and predictive, and also adaptable in that it lets leaders explore new lines of business through profitable service offerings (Guy Riddle and Scott Wingett, Empired).
- Every organisation can create, analyse, and explore a range of business data, all through the easy-to-use, modern platform of Dynamics 365 that turns your data into decisions using predictive analysis, big data and Power BI (Dan Smith and Sundeep Rehill, Empired).
Real-life transformation stories
Together, Empired and Microsoft have helped many organisations transform their businesses. One of the companies we heard about was MSWA (formerly known as the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Western Australia). The non-government, not-for-profit organisation recently implemented a solution that uses Microsoft products including Office 365, Dynamics NAV, Field Service, Xamarin, SharePoint and Power BI. Microsoft Australia also provided funding for key parts of the solution, namely a mobile app.
We saw product capabilities, built-in intelligence and the adaptability of business processes for Dynamics 365, including how you can configure business processes for sales, marketing, field service, project service automation, customer service and operations. We also learnt about new features for Dynamics 365 CRM, the latest release of Microsoft Dynamics AX, and about business leaders who are using ERP in the cloud to be successful.
The feedback from those attending the event has been great. We look forward to sharing further insights with you on how to make the most of Dynamics 365 in your business.
You can download the Dynamics Day Perth 2017 slides here.
Posted by: Stuart Strickland, General Manager WA | 17 March 2017
Tags: Dynamics Day, Dynamics 365
Rate this post: